I’ve been traveling a lot lately and i’m always looking for the best fare (or Virgin America, my new favorite airline). Because of this, my flights are all over the place. My trip to Minnesota for Christmas has me leaving from BWI on Southwest, changing to American in Chicago and then coming home on the cheap airline Sun Country into Dulles. The itinerary is a mess. Luckily, i discovered the website TripIt. All you need to do is forward your confirmation emails to the email address email@example.com and the website will parse out the dates, confirmation numbers, flight numbers, frequent flier codes, etc. for you and keep your itinerary nice and neat. Now, instead of combing my inbox for that exact flight time, i just go to TripIt and it’s all there.
I recommend it for anyone who’s traveling and needs to keep track of their itin.
As a side note, you should also go out of your way to travel on Virgin America. It’s an amazing airline. They have the following things going for them:
- Big TV screens on the back of the seat (bigger than JetBlue)
- On demand ordering. You punch in on the screen what you want and they will bring it to you immediately. You can eat whenever you want
- It’s totally empty. I’ve flown on them 3 time and had the entire row to myself each time. It reminds me of the early days of Independence Air.
- You can IM any one else on the plane. Just type in a seat number and you can chat. I’ve never done this but it’s a good idea (or really sketchy – not sure yet which one)
- As you travel, instead of a lame map of your distance, it maps it to a Google Map where you can zoom in and see exactly what you’re flying over
- Very nice seats and cool colors
- Coming soon: Power Outlets! and Internet!