Whoa, i just got sent this. Apparently in south Jacksonville, near the St. Augustine outlet in the new KB Homes subdivsion they found a 15 foot Diamondback rattlesnake. That’s right, 15 foot! Apparently it’s the biggest every caught on record.
Some facts about this snake:
- One bite from a snake this large contains enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men
- The head alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man.
- A bite from those fangs would equal being penetrated by two 1/4 inch screwdrivers.
- A snake this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child.
- A snake this size has an approximately 5 and 1/2 foot accurate striking distance. (The distance for an average size Rattlesnake is about 2 feet)
- Judging by the size of the snake, it is estimated to weigh over 170 pounds. How much do you weigh?