We had a great hunt this weekend. In fact, it was the biggest turnout we’ve ever had for a hunt. It clocked in at over 55 people!
Had a bunch of teams attend, such as:
- Team Mckendr: Mairead brought two 6’7″ dudes who were truly able to pimp out their hiding spots
- Team Davidson: Bryan Hozack + team. As usual Bryan was incredibly prepared and crushed the hunt.
- Team Newbies: Chloe Lewis, Meggy and Roy. They actually joined Team Pug for a super team. For newbies, they were great.
- Team Home Field Advantage: Erika, ScottyJ, Krug, Hercey. Great performance by the veterans.
- The Favorites. Team Just Graduated: Justin + GW team. All hype. For such a small team, they were pretty slow and put in rookie hiding spots. There’s always this spring.
- Team NY: Jules, Taco, Abbey. They joined with Team Pug for also. They get the MVP though for making the trip
- Team DJ Afterwards: Tiger, Daniel T, and Tom. They were rockstars because, well, they are rockstars.
- Team Pug: Danny, Percey and MPL (and eventually Samol and Shwabe). Any team with a dog gets huge bonus points.
- Team Loyola: Julia Turner Team (Julia and Molly). They get major points for just showing up. Although i think they were a bit in awe of the whole experience.
- Team Ohio State: Jenny led the charge to the most enthusiastic team i’ve seen
- Team No-Show: Molly Hill, Noah, Todd S., and Sara Pescatello. They get no points
The hunt’s best clue was: “In the Church courtyard, the sack you’ll see next to the erect pipe is not the testicles of a priest but rather the container of some lovely spirits.”
Capital Hill proved to one of the best locations in DC for a hunt. I was residential but also had some good stores and lots of spots for hanging out with a 12-pack.
Any ideas for where the hunt this spring should be?