I got tagged in Facebook to do one of these lists. I really enjoyed reading some of my colleagues and some of my old friends from high school so i thought i’d put one together.
The rules are that once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged or however many you want. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
Here are my items:
1. I don’t like fruit (with the exception of apples) and i’m happy that my sister’s the same way. It makes me feel less strange.
2. I tend to get around. I’ve been to 49 states and hope to get to the final one, Mississippi, sometime soon. Since college, I’ve lived in Virginia, New York, Washington DC, Boston (sort of), and now Los Angeles.
3. I have no toenails on my 2 little toes.
4. I was born in NY, then moved to CA, then moved to Texas before i finished my youth in Minnesota.
5. I grew up in Minnesota. When i moved east in 1996, i felt like a Midwesterner. I then lived on the east coast for 11 years. When i moved to California last year, i felt like an Easterner. After a few years here, who knows who i’ll be.
6. i’ve never broken a bone. I attribute this to my love of milk.
7. I love the extended Lewis Family clan and feel so fortunate that i have such great cousins, aunts and uncles.
8. When i was younger I used to dress up like a ninja and wonder around in the woods with my brother.
9. While in college, i met some truly amazing people. Because of them, my college years were some of the best times of my life.
10. I keep trying to get into new activities. I tried Tae Kwon Doe for a little bit and lately i’ve been doing triathlons (past 3 years). I’ve done at least 2 a year and haven’t yet gone longer than the Olympic distance.
11. I love movies and am averaging about 3 a month. Pulp Fiction is my favorite
12. I was once quite fast and equally stupid: In High School, I was taken to a police station with my friends and successfully managed to escape by outrunning a few officers.
13. Certain drinks aren’t for me. Specifically soda’s, hard alcohol and smoothies (see #1 and #21).
14. I love beer and milkshakes
15. My kitchen is not used. I lived in DC for 5 years and didn’t use my oven or stove once. I’ve been in LA for 9 months and someone recently took the shrink wrap off my dishwasher. My life is pretty basic. I like Jello Pudding, Pizza, sandwiches and eating dinner BEFORE i get home.
16. I have a rule where every year i try to take a vacation that i’ll never forget. I’ve done this since 2003 and it’s been great. Some memorable trips have been to Thailand, Sicily, Romania, West Coast National Parks, and the Greek Islands.
17. I love with 80’s music, especially the rock n roll of the era – GnR and the hair bands (Poison, Warrant, and Crue). I also love the pop music of the period. Something about a genre where you’re encouraged to look as strange and ridiculous as possible that’s refreshing.
18. After years of training for soccer, i’ve become too used to running and working out to imagine a life without it. I will likely be running (or something that resembles it) until my joints die
19. In College, I ended up majoring in Computer Science because i loved sitting in my dorm room figuring out problems. I also like the certainty of either having something work or not. Grades on paper i wrote seemed so subjective. For the same reason, i have a problem watching figure skating, snowboarding and diving competitions in the Olympics.
20. Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. I usually try to wait and then jump right to lunch.
21. I like being in control of my body. I don’t drink caffeine and I don’t like to take any painkillers, even aspirin or advil. I think enough sleep can heal almost everything.
22. I’ve never had a headache in my life. Related to this fact is that I don’t get hangovers. Sure, i get tired but never sick or out of commission. No matter how much i drink, i can usually get up and go for a run and feel ok. Trust me, i’ve tested this.
23. When i was really young, i loved snakes and had a bunch as pets. I remember feeding them goldfish, holding them in my hands and playing with them. I’m now pretty scared of them and would never pick one up. I hate that i feel this way. I blame the media for my fear.
24. I’m named after my grandfather, Michael Pescatello, who was a total badass. I wish i could have known him and my other grandfather better.
25. I have very sensitive nipples and usually tape them up when i go running.